Beyond Addiction: Kundalini Yoga Based Training For Personal Development
Who will benefit from Beyond Addiction training?
- Anyone who wants to change a habit and connect with their maximum potential
- Clinicians , Therapists and Counselors
- Yoga Teachers and Enthusiasts
- Meditation Enthusiasts
- No yoga experience required, just a desire to change!
- We are currently working on getting CEUs (72hrs) available for members of the Florida Board of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy and Mental Health Counseling.
Did You Know that…
- Practicing yoga can increase oxytocin levels, helping to decrease cravings for any addictive substance or behavior?
- Practicing yoga can activate the part of your brain that helps you make executive decisions, overriding your impulses?
- Yoga can help you relax and fall asleep more easily?
- Yoga activates the vagus nerve, which translates into you feeling calmer and happier?
- Kundalini Yoga helps you integrate the left and right hemispheres of your brain, so you can easily lead with your intuition and follow through with a strategy and plan?
The Beyond Addiction program is designed for individuals seeking to develop healthy habits and overcome addictive behavior. No prior teacher training or yoga experience is required.
The program consists of 16 modules, taught over three-four months, which include weekly themes, Kundalini Yoga, breathing techniques, meditation, relaxation, self-reflection, lifestyle and dietary guidelines, stress management, group support, hydrotherapy, naturopathic detoxification and nutritional and herbal supplementation for neurotransmitter and glandular balance.
The program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur ND and Jivan Joti Kaur PhD, and integrates the teachings of Yogi Bhajan, Dr. Gabor Maté and experts in the addiction field. The modules are as follows, with more details about each one below:
Module One: I am a Spiritual Being Having a Human Experience.
Module Two: I Live by My Values and Develop My Virtues.
Module Three: I Practice a Yogic Lifestyle to Free Me from My Past and Access Wisdom.
Module Four: Act, Don’t React: I Take Control Over My Reactions to People and Events. I Gracefully Receive the Energy of the Divine Floating Around Me.
Module Five: Happiness is My Birthright. I Clear My Subconscious to Become Neutral. Through Commitment, Discipline and the Power to Sacrifice, I Achieve Happiness.
Module Six: I Communicate from My True Self
Module Seven: I Create My Habits; My Habits Create Me. I Promote Habits that Serve My Divinity
Module Eight: I Choose Dharma Over Karma.
Module Nine: I Replace Addiction with Reliance on the Self (God Within). I Compassionately Re-parent Myself.
Module Ten: In Shifting My Perspective on the Past, I Embrace the Present and Future
Module Eleven: I Change My Attitude into a State of Gratitude. I am a Liberated Being.
Module Twelve: I Am Responsible and Accountable to MySelf, I am Responsible and Accountable to Others
Module Thirteen: I Forgive Myself and Those Who Have Hurt Me; I Acknowledge My Errors in Hurting Others
Module Fourteen: I am Born with a Mission and a Magnitude. I Co-Create My Future with God
Module Fifteen: As I Keep Up, I’ll Be Kept Up
Module Sixteen: In Serving Others I Serve MySelf and God.